Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Better rates than a CD ?

In article ,
says...

I made it clear, I have investments and I have cash parked. Parking at
the IRS is as safe as parking it in a T bill and I am only giving up
0.04% with a whole lot less hassle. The bank isn't much better either.
I barely notice it missing nor do I see much when it comes back.

If you just want to park some cash it does not make much difference
where you park it. With most places under 1 % it takes lots of big
money to even notice it.

Probelm I see with parking it with the IRS is that you have to wait a
year to get it. A money market account would seem better to me as you
can get the cash when you want it.

I did well with the IRS this year. Got back about $ 650 from the feds
and paid about $ 550 to the state. As most of my money stays the same
from year to year except some stock I am playing with which does not
ammount to too much profit I can come out very well on the pay or
receive from the IRS.
The only unknow unknown is how much I take out of the IRA, but tax money
comes out of that at the ammount I tell them to take out.