Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Car battery volt drop

In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
What somebody electronically minded did on a battery where you can
actually get at the cell interconnects, few these days, sadly, he put a
monitor so it looked at every cell on its own and then he could tell
the weak cell or cells, but as to what to do with such info, who knows?
I'm surprised modern car electronics do not already allow this like
they tend to do on Lithium cells these days.

Given there's nothing you can do about a faulty cell in a car battery, not
much point?

As we used to say in industrial automation

"Never check for an error condition you can't handle"

Good advice.

It's why they no longer fit oil pressure gauges, ammeters and accurate
temperature gauges to cars these days. All they did was cause worry to
most.

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.