Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 22 Apr 2021 11:21:22 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

On 22 Apr 2021 at 10:54:24 BST, T i m wrote:

On 22 Apr 2021 09:30:21 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:
snip

I think he means antipathy.

Nope, I meant what I typed.

I'm really 'not bovvered' about any of it (or I wouldn't turn up but
spoil my paper) because 'the people' will (and do) ensure that any of
the *really* bad things are stopped in their tracks.

So in fact you can't make your mind up whether you're apathetic about it (i.e.
not bovvered), or whether you really *are* bovvered and so experience
antipathy towards the current system. Which is it?

You started playing with the words. I have made my position clear to
everyone but trolling left brainers.

And here's a fact: once you're elected, you represent *all* your constituents,
not just those who voted for you or even just those who voted.

And you think I wasn't aware of that fact, after repeatedly thanking
you for voting everone out of the EU for the last 4 years?

And this is the
case even if you're elected unopposed (i.e. no other candidate stood against
you).

I would have though that would be even more the case, not just 'even'?

If you're elected unopposed then there isn't even a vote; you're
officially declared elected even before polling day.

Lovely. So, like I said, 'just like a World Champion', just of those
who went in for it.

So you can call that councillor with your issue any time of day or night and
it's their job to help you. No golf required.

Ah, again we see the left brainer logic blinkering your real world
understanding of all this. ;-(

Whilst I'm sure it makes for a good usher or counter, it's not so good
for understanding how the world *actually* often works, which is
strange considering your issue with 'snouters' in the EU?

OK, decide to build some locally unwanted building with all sorts of
promises to how it's going to bring work to the area, how you are
going to make improvements to the local environment and help with
local community projects, whilst making sure you get as many
councilors onboard with invites to tours of similar projects and '(of
course) with all the associated 'freebies' and watch the project go
though, in spite of a petition of 5000 signatures from the local
people who are against it, because they see the truth through the BS.

Or the approval that finally get's granted on that monstrosity
extension ...

Cash for questions anyone?

Cheers, T i m