Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 12:16:57 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 22/04/2021 10:54, T i m wrote:
On 22 Apr 2021 09:30:21 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:
snip

I think he means antipathy.

Nope, I meant what I typed.

I'm really 'not bovvered' about any of it (or I wouldn't turn up but
spoil my paper) because 'the people' will (and do) ensure that any of
the *really* bad things are stopped in their tracks.

If not the people, you just need to treat your local councilor to a
round of golf and some good food and drink and you can do what you
like. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

people should remember 7-UP (Granada TV). Neil wanted to be
an astronaut but after dropping out of Uni, working on a building site
(and clearly suffering from a mental issue in the programs), he ended
up standing for local election as a Lib Dem councillor and was elected
(probably with a turnout below 20%).
In one of the programs he admitted to making a rambling speech in the
council chamber, talking total gibberish and none of the other
councillors said a word. Clowns like this can have the final say over
important planning and other issues.

So, first you try to take the **** and then you agree with me? Pull
yerself together ffs.

Cheers, T i m