Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 12:05:47 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

The fact that he intends to waste his time walking to the polling
station

We will be taking the dog out past there 'anyway' so it's no waste of
time. Faceplant No1

simply to scrawl

Write neatly (Faceplant No2)

some nonsense on his polling slip

Only 'nonsense' if you don't understand the meaning of NOTA? (And so
Faceplant No3).

puts
him in the same league as those mindless people who spray graffiti
and other 'artwork' on walls, trains, buses, bridges, ....

Given it's not any form of graphic, tag or logo, but well accepted
acronym and on a medium I'm invited to mark, that makes it Faceplant
No4. That's what happens when you let your fantasies rule your sense.

When challenged, their excuse is "I'm making a statement".

No need to be challenged, it's not illegal and is my democratic right.
(So Faceplant No5)

The percentage of people who vote in local elections is very low,
and for elected police commissioners even lower.

Bingo. I wonder why? I wonder if it could be for any / all of the
reasons I've mentioned?

Simply drawing names
out of a hat might be more representative for the latter.

Quite.

Either that
or use 'buggins turn'.

Could be as good a system as we have now.

So, you go from trying to spread FUD with your ad-hominems and then
agree with me. You need help (Rod?). ;-(

Cheers, T i m