Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3A_Piers_Morgan_has_asked_the_US_to_=E2=80= 98just_admit?=?Q?=E2=80=99_that_it_doesn=E2=80=99t_care_about_m ass_shootings?=

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 4:57:41 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 16:09:52 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:30:39 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 20/04/2021 09:59, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:11:55 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 5:03:34 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/celebrity/p...ass-shootings/

I think that Piers Morgan has a point, but I'd change that to:
just-admit-you-dont-care-ENOUGH-about-mass-shootings.

(Opinions)

You've been on alt.home.repair long enough to know that the prevailing
American attitude is, "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't matter."

Look at all the COVID fools. "I had a mild case, so it's a big nothingburger."
"I've been going to the big square dance every weekend for a year and
didn't catch nothin'."

Cindy Hamilton

Indeed.

Of course, there's something that Morgan (and other foreigners) tend to
forget.

There's no "The" United States. There's 50 of them or 331 million of them
(depending on how you look at it). Even after almost 100 years of
expansion, the federal government still doesn't have the power to control
everything in the way that other governments do.

Cindy Hamilton

That's very true. Separate states having different laws seems counter
productive to me in many cases. Covid and gun laws are classic examples
where working as one using universal laws would make action so much
simpler and more efficient, IMO.

The problem with that logic is something that may make perfect sense
in New York City is pretty silly on a ranch in Wyoming.
It would be like saying we only need one speed limit everywhere.

Can you imagine if the entire country copied Florida's law requiring
elderly people to drive 20mph under the limit with a turn signal flashing?
At least I assume it's a law.

That reminds me of a friend of mine, he's in his 70s, complaining about all
the people passing on the right in NC. I rode with him once recently, he was
in the left lane of a major highway going 50. One after the other, cars were coming
up behind him, then passing on the right.