Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 22/04/2021 09:55, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 00:14:05 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

What "better" system do you propose?

One that allows for people to formally express their apathy for the
status quo for one.

How is that useful?

Because it would indicate to those looking to manage the world *FOR
US* that we aren't happy with the way it's being done?

Only your vote counts in an election. A spoilt vote is a wasted vote and
counts the same for anyone who doesn't vote.

If I were a candidate, and the message you passed back to me was "meh,
not interested, can't be bothered", it's hardly actionable information
is it?

Then you come up with a system that's more inclusive. ;-)

There isn't one. We prefer a system where you vote for a person. It's
the best there is.

ISTM an election is not the time to bitch about the electoral system.

I didn't suggest it was but you have to start somewhere.

If you were looking to market a new product and you handed out mini
survey forms and one of the options was 'Meh', then I know that would
be a perfectly valid, interesting and useful response and have them
re-thinking how they might present / advertise / do the thing
differently.

A badly worded form. No survey works like that.