Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Local politics, opposition?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:06:22 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Mine is further than that away, but the problem really is from what I see,
the proliferation of parties and independents standing these days, We have
animal welfare, Christian parties, Rejoin the eu parties UKIP and Monster
Raving Loony who are putting up 13 candidates in one ward near me.

Ah, the solution is easy (apparently Brian). You have to stop whatever
you are doing / prefer to do to and research into all 13 candidates
(including background checks and checking their social media etc) and
then determine from all that who you think is most likely to be
trusted, most likely to do what's best for you / the locale / 'most
people' (depending on your POV on that sort of thing) and then make
your mark.

Keep quiet and just not vote or just turn up and toss a coin and no
one will question you or your ethics, as long as you just 'play the
game', that's all that counts (apparently). ;-)

Cheers, T i m