Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 08:04:13 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 21/04/2021 22:56, Fredxx wrote:
On 21/04/2021 22:24, T i m wrote:

See, like (I suspect) the majority, I *really* don't know enough about
it (at any level) to make a truly informed decision and until
something happens that means I need to learn more, I'll keep my head
in the sand, just like most people do re animal cruelty and
exploitation etc.

Sounds like laziness and consequential fire-fighting to me. The point of
democracy is to empower the people. Obviously democracy is wasted on the
likes of those who actively propose to spoil their paper who are too
idle or too thick to research the issues at hand.

ISTM that T i m is at least being consistent here, in both the microcosm
and the macrocosm. The former represents his approach to local elections
and the latter to the EU Referendum.

And many other things.

The consistency between these lies in in his "Don't know enough" trope
that he uses to justify his inaction in taking part the voting process.

Correct (and at lest I'm being honest, even if I'm underestimating my
knowledge compared to many).

I don't know how long he has lived in the area in which he now resides,

My entire life.

but he has clearly made no effort to follow local affairs.

Correct. I have however made considerable effort following those
things I'm interested in, like the majority.

Regarding the
EU Referendum, it is obvious to all that he lived in the EU for 43 years
and then claimed insufficient knowledge of it.

Not a 'claim' but a fact, again, along with the majority (if the truth
be told).

Since no-one at all knows
everything at local or international levels - how could they?

I have never expected everyone to know everything about anything.
However, to be able to make a 'rational' decision' you need to have a
good / accurate overall understanding and most people don't.

snip left brainer troll bs

If it can work (and be perfectly normal / acceptable) for that,
logical consistency says it should equally be valid for politics (and
religion etc).

When you mention logic and religion in the same sentence you really have
lost the plot.

The 'logic' was re the viewpoint, not the subject, but thanks for
playing troll. 4/10

Cheers, T i m