Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 21 Apr 2021 23:06:22 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 22:24:31 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

On 21 Apr 2021 at 23:15:23 BST, Dave W wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:25:56 +0100, T i m wrote:

I didn't say I drew anything on my paper (and certainly nothing that
would perk your obvious penis interest), I said I 'spoiled it' and I
normally do so simply by writing 'NOTA' underneath.

Cheers, T i m

What does 'NOTA' mean?

None of the above.

Our student union always had an additional candidate named RON.

Re-Open Nominations.

And why not. ;-)

In many cases the 'first option' isn't the best one.

I can remember suggesting we (I) fit a LAN in our company building as
we were a datacomms equipment manufacturer / provider!

The MD agreed and asked me to get some figures together. I hit him
with what I thought was a reasonable price for a starting bundle but
he asked me if I could get a better deal somehow. So I went away,
worked a bit hard and came back with 'a better deal' and he signed it
off.

I'm not sure if it was the actual figure he was playing with, or just
ensuring I had put sufficient effort in to getting the best price.

So, you put yourself up as a local councilor and get voted in by 17%
of the electorate for that ward ... do you think you now represent the
majority of that ward?

Now, I know the whole 'try harder and give it another go' thing does
happen with some prospective councilors but many also chuck it in as
'it wasn't to be' (potentially suggesting just how little their
commitment was to it in the first place).

Cheers, T i m