Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 20/04/2021 20:47, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:25:41 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 20/04/2021 20:17, T i m wrote:
With the upcoming local elections I had planned to spoil my paper [1]

well why not simply not bother to vote. They really couldn't care
less about the people who do that.

Unfortunately wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain it to
you. ;-(

The problem with spoiling your vote is that they are not compelled to
report a high number of spoiled ballot papers. They are compelled to
report an insanely low turnout. This outcome seems to be extremely
likely in my neck of the woods since the only thing we get to vote on
this time is the stupid political appointee police commissioner.

we have (in Surrey) an independant PCC. He is seeking re-elction.

The last one was so inept that even her own party disowned her.

Parliament in the process of nuking NY councils by "unitarisation".

NY ?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England