Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 14:01:58 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:47:25 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 20:47:32 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:25:41 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 20/04/2021 20:17, T i m wrote:
With the upcoming local elections I had planned to spoil my paper [1]

well why not simply not bother to vote. They really couldn't care
less about the people who do that.
Unfortunately wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain it to
you. ;-(

I'd be interested to see you try because I know they don't care .

Quite (any why I wouldn't bother).
Spoilt papers are a very small minority, they are more interested in those that don't vote and why

Cite?

EU referendum 2016
17,410,742 Leave votes
16,141,241 remain votes
12,922,659 No votes
25,539 spoilt papers

I'll leave you to work out what would the result be if all the spoilt papers
were counted ar remainers.

or floating voters.

Which I potentially am of course.

Not if you spoil your paper you're not.

If yuo spoil yuor vote you are more than lilely not interested in the current system of voting
or any of the parties standing.

Exactly, but could be more interested in a real system that represents
the will of the people than others seem happy to use.

So what is this majik system.
The one where what you want is the outcome ?

Those that vote the 'wrong' way are unilkely to change especailly the traditional labour/tory voters.

Quite, even if their choice is based on little in the way of current
fact.

For that you need to define the fact.

Cheers, T i m