Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default merge point rule

In article , Scott
writes
On 20 Apr 2021 18:46:29 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

On 20 Apr 2021 at 16:57:25 BST, Scott wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 14:13:57 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

"Right turn on red" is another

This seems to me unacceptable for pedestrians, particularly anyone
with vulnerabilities or disabilities who expect to be able to cross
the road without worrying about moving vehicles.

You have *always* to give way to peds in the US, even if you have a green
light. At a RToR, you not only give way to them, but also to any cross
traffic.

Actually, the Highway Code says you have to give way to pedestrians
when turning right or left, which almost never happens. I would have
no confidence at all that this rule would be any more observed at
traffic lights.

Pedestrians always have right of way.
--
bert