Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default OT: Car battery volt drop

On 21/04/2021 13:22, Jeff Layman wrote:

Over the last year the "battery insufficient" symbol has been appearing
more regularly, and now the automatic engine stop will not work at all.
The car (and battery) is 5.5 years old, so I guess it's battery age
which is preventing the autostop working. The car always starts
perfectly first time, even when it hasn't been used for a week or so. It
would be interesting to see what parameters are required to be met for
the "battery insufficient" symbol to not appear.

During the first lockdown my car had little use although on fortnightly
trips to the supermarket I took it for a long drive around the block to
get it up to temperature and to exercise the A/C. During this time the
stop/start function was always (automatically) disabled. It took 100+
mile non-stop journey before it started working again.