Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:59:54 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 12:01:57 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 20/04/2021 20:17, T i m wrote:
With the upcoming local elections I had planned to spoil my paper [1]

I have never really understood why people do that[1] Is it the belief
that it sends some kind of message?

And is that message taken in the right way. ;-)

https://metro.co.uk/2015/05/09/voter...ry-mp-5188845/
I did wonder what the person spoiling his paper intented.

I'm betting he didn't want to vote tory, but I can't be sure.

Maybe T i m knows.

Why would I know? Have you had your meds today?

I didn't say I drew anything on my paper (and certainly nothing that
would perk your obvious penis interest), I said I 'spoiled it' and I
normally do so simply by writing 'NOTA' underneath.

They know who that 'secret ballot' paper was entered by and could ask
me why if they I did so if they were interested.

They won't be interested until they allow the sheep with no real
interest or imagination (happy to choose between what they are given
.... and the system used to obtain it) to do the same by formally
printing a NOTA box on the paper).

If the only way 'most people' can indicate their lack of support for
the current system, candidates or party is by abstaining, therefore
risking their opportunity to vote in the first place.

Cheers, T i m