Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Piers_Morgan_has_asked_the_US_to_=e2=80= 98just_admi?= ?Q?t=e2=80=99_that_it_doesn=e2=80=99t_care_about_ mass_shootings?=

On 4/20/2021 2:25 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2021 10:42 AM, Bod wrote:
On 20/04/2021 14:53, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/20/2021 7:30 AM, Bod wrote:
On 20/04/2021 09:59, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:11:55 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 19/04/2021 10:50, wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 5:03:34 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/celebrity/p...ass-shootings/

I think that Piers Morgan has a point, but I'd change that to:
just-admit-you-dont-care-ENOUGH-about-mass-shootings.

(Opinions)

You've been on alt.home.repair long enough to know that the
prevailing
American attitude is, "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't
matter."

Look at all the COVID fools. "I had a mild case, so it's a big
nothingburger."
"I've been going to the big square dance every weekend for a
year and
didn't catch nothin'."

Cindy Hamilton

Indeed.

Of course, there's something that Morgan (and other foreigners)
tend to
forget.

There's no "The" United States.Â* There's 50 of them or 331 million
of them
(depending on how you look at it).Â* Even after almost 100 years of
expansion, the federal government still doesn't have the power to
control
everything in the way that other governments do.

Cindy Hamilton

That's very true. Separate states having different laws seems
counter productive to me in many cases. Covid and gun laws are
classic examples where working as one using universal laws would
make action so much simpler and more efficient, IMO.

In some cases a universal law makes sense but the states stretch out
thousands of miles, vary in population density, climate,topography,
industry.

Are your laws the same as Yugoslavia?Â* Germany?Â* Why not?

I can't see how the states that vary in population or the distance or
climate etc makes a difference to having certain nationwide laws

The laws protecting our coastal waters are not the same as needed in
South Dakota. Laws for the use of ice melt chemicals in the North are
not needed where it never freezes.

States rights goes back to our Constitution.

You did not answer my question.Â* Are your laws identical to
Yugoslavia? Why not?Â* You are both in the EU

The UK has left the EU.

Because they want their own laws.