Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default merge point rule

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 16:49:55 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 04:09:03 -0700 (PDT), fred
wrote:

Two lanes merging into one. Arrows clearly define which lane merges into
which. At the merge point who has the right of way ?
I only ask because in certain parts of the country if a lane is closing
and prior warning is being given all the sheep immediately abandon the
about to be closed lane. Same sheep take great umbrage if one tries to
merge at the head of the queue as recommended. (i..e) Zip merge as opposed
to a comb merge)
To me the obvious choice should be a one to one merge at the merge point
but lots of pillocks take offence.

I am one of these pillocks. I don't expect you to push past a queue
at the supermarket so why should you do so on the road?

because if I don't do it, some other ******* will do it and push in in front
of me

so the only way to avoid people pushing in, is if everybody does it

obviously it depends upon the length of the Q

if it's just 5 or 6 cars I get on the back

if it's 30 or more, I go down the outside

And meantime another breed of motorists will do they can to stop you
getting in. A recipe for unsafe roads I would say. It's not a
competition.