Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Royal Mail insanity

On 19/04/2021 19:23, Davey wrote:
Our postie dropped off a card stating that they had an item to deliver,
but it was £1.50 short on postage. I could use any one of various
methods of payment, but since I have no plans to visit the Post Office,
and I don't have stamps to the value of £1.50 to hand, I chose Pay
Online.
Which was all very well, until I was informed that this was only
possible for charges of at least £8.01!

oh. it juts failed silently for me. so i took the card down the village
PO and they sorted it out and it appeared a couple of days later

My local council, and NHS car parks, can take values as low as £0.25,
so why this discrimination? Maybe it's part of their Horizon project.

I have a Christmas stamp worth £1.70, using that will be cheaper than
driving to town. And I have no idea what it is, and they won't tell me.
My new laptop isn't ready yet.

exactly. in my case it was something from china that had come via
germany. Why no one knows.