Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Royal Mail insanity

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 07:52:30 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Davey wrote:

Our postie dropped off a card stating that they had an item to deliver,
but it was £1.50 short on postage. I could use any one of various
methods of payment, but since I have no plans to visit the Post Office,
and I don't have stamps to the value of £1.50 to hand, I chose Pay
Online.
Which was all very well, until I was informed that this was only
possible for charges of at least £8.01!
My local council, and NHS car parks, can take values as low as £0.25,
so why this discrimination? Maybe it's part of their Horizon project.

I recently paid 10p online to a theatre, as it was the balance
remaining after existing credits had been used up.

So far that is the only occasion that I have had to verify my
payment - I guess they are looking for small trial debits as
feelers for bigger illicit payments.

I encountered this when my mobile was stolen and I ordered a
replacement online. As I started the payment process, I could see
this going badly if they wanted to send a code to my mobile (which
they did). Fortunately, I was able to use the blue card machine
instead..