Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Couple of quick electrical questions - lubrication and disposal

On 19/04/2021 23:30, Rod Speed wrote:
Owain Lastname wrote
GB wrote

If the appliance is just faulty, not dangerous,
I don't see why you should cut the plug off?

A faulty appliance is probably dangerous,

Thats bull**** if it has just stopped working.

It's only bull**** if you know why an appliance has stopped working.

It you don't know and there is a small chance a wire is loose, then the
safest way is to mark it up as such or if of little value in our throw
away society make it obvious it's is for the scrap bin and to render safe.

Most of those versed in electrical test would cut the plug.

Only a self-confessed chemist would disagree.