Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Couple of quick electrical questions - lubrication and disposal

"Owain Lastname" wrote in message
On Monday, 19 April 2021 at 13:38:15 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google)
wrote:
Firstly disposal.
I have some memory that if you were to chuck away an electrical appliance
you should first cut the plug off.
However a cut off moulded plug itself seems dodgy as it could be plugged
in and have a live connection.

Very dodgy - in fact has killed a toddler in the past.

Take the fuse out helps but kitkat wrapper.

I think that's beyond most toddlers.

So just put the whole thing in the electricals bin at the tip?

Personally I twist the L and N pins with a pair of pliers to prevent
insertion.

Whats the point if the appliance isnt dangerous ?

Modern sleeved pins bend easily.