Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Royal Mail insanity

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 19:23:16 +0100, Davey
wrote:

Our postie dropped off a card stating that they had an item to deliver,
but it was £1.50 short on postage. I could use any one of various
methods of payment, but since I have no plans to visit the Post Office,
and I don't have stamps to the value of £1.50 to hand, I chose Pay
Online.
Which was all very well, until I was informed that this was only
possible for charges of at least £8.01!
My local council, and NHS car parks, can take values as low as £0.25,
so why this discrimination? Maybe it's part of their Horizon project.

I have a Christmas stamp worth £1.70, using that will be cheaper than
driving to town. And I have no idea what it is, and they won't tell me.
My new laptop isn't ready yet.

I was amused when our Residents' Association posted the newsletters in
A4 sized envelopes but did not pay postage as Large Letters. The
delivery staff left postcards and a large number of local residents
had to troop to the sorting office to pay the surcharge. The person
involved was highly apologetic.