Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Royal Mail insanity

On Monday, 19 April 2021 at 19:23:20 UTC+1, Davey wrote:
Our postie dropped off a card stating that they had an item to deliver,
but it was £1.50 short on postage. I could use any one of various
methods of payment, but since I have no plans to visit the Post Office,
and I don't have stamps to the value of £1.50 to hand, I chose Pay
Online.
Which was all very well, until I was informed that this was only
possible for charges of at least £8.01!
My local council, and NHS car parks, can take values as low as £0.25,
so why this discrimination? Maybe it's part of their Horizon project.

I have a Christmas stamp worth £1.70, using that will be cheaper than
driving to town. And I have no idea what it is, and they won't tell me.
My new laptop isn't ready yet.

Madness.

But I'll let it go because we have both out local post office and our delivery office within walking distance and on the road we go down to get anywhere at all!