Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Piers_Morgan_has_asked_the_US_to_=e2=80= 98just_admi?=?Q?t=e2=80=99_that_it_doesn=e2=80=99t_care_about_ mass_shootings?=

On 19/04/2021 13:09, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 5:03:34 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
https://www.unilad.co.uk/celebrity/p...ass-shootings/

I think that Piers Morgan has a point, but I'd change that to:
just-admit-you-dont-care-ENOUGH-about-mass-shootings.

(Opinions)

The problem is that while most people do care, there are still enough people who
don't care, which is most Republicans. I see that we now know how the mass FedEx
shooter in Indianapolis got his two semi-auto rifles. He bought them LEGALLY last
summer. That's after his mother had called the FBI and local police, warned them
that she thought her son was suicidal and dangerous and they took a shotgun he had
at the time away from him. He later said he didn't want that gun back. No surprise,
he knew that in Indiana, with no gun permit process, he could just go by more guns
anytime.

Again, if we had a uniform, reasonable gun permit process across the country,
where the local chief of police issues permits after a real field background check,
this nut would not have been able to walk into a gun store and buy guns.
Sadly though, even the people who claim to care about these mass shootings
are just tilting at windmills, putting forth BS solutions that would have done nothing
to have stopped most, probably all of the mass shootings in the last several years.
They want to expand the background check to private sales. I'm for that, but IDK
of a single shooting where that's how the shooter acquired their guns. It's mostly
just BS, smoke and mirrors that will do very little and surely not what's promised,
which is to stop more shootings. What would reduce it is a simple, reasonable
permit process.

I said here before, I'm so fed up with this that I don't care what happens to gun
rights anymore. The right wing nuts and the crazy libs deserve each other.
There is no more reasonable,
middle ground. And whatever happens, if the libs finally prevail and change the
Constitution, I no longer care. That seems increasingly likely as the Democrats
are winning the overall political battle and the GOP is hell bent on suicide.
On Meet the Press, Chuck Todd had the graph showing how over the last couple
of decades the Republicans have lost the college educated voters. Two decades
ago, college educated voters that were registered as Republicans exceeded
Democrats by 13 points. Now that has flipped, Democrat registrations exceed
Republicans by that amount. And that group has a 65% turnout for elections.
Those with a high school degree turn out about 45%, those without even less.
So the Republicans are not only losing voters overall, they are losing big time
with a key group that turns out to vote. I'm one of the voters they lost.

Another fine example of today's Qanon crazy GOP is Marjorie Greene she's at it
again. She's trying to form an "America First" caucus in Congress. Matt Gaetz
says he's joining. Their stated charter would be to advance "European-American"
interests, oppose immigration, etc. In other words, more support for white
nationalism. And so far, most Republican politicians have been very slow to
oppose it, won't directly address it, etc. John Boehner was on with Chuck Todd
discussing what's happened to the GOP, how this could be happening and what
caused it. Boehner says he doesn't know. Another fine example of either a lying
coward or an imbecile, I chose the former. He knows that TRUMP caused it.
Trump ran encouraging anyone and everyone to vote for him, he constantly
threw red meat to white supremacists, played footsie with them. When they
had a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, featuring the KKK and Nazis,
Trump said they were very fine people. When his own national security officials
declared Qanon a potential terrorist danger to the country, Trump was asked to
denounce them. Trump lied and claimed he didn't even know who Qanon was,
except that they hate pedophiles and love him. That last part was and is the
problem. Trump accepted and encouraged support from anyone and everyone
as long as they loved him. So now we have another fine spectacle, Republicans
in Congress, one a Qanon nut and the other one under FBI investigation for a sex
trafficking forming a white supremacist caucus. And what do they call it?
"America First". Who's tag line is that? TRUMP. Has Trump spoken out to
denounce it? No, of course not. So those that think Trump is over are very wrong.
The wrecking of America he began continues and he's still in charge of the party.

Yes I see all of that crap happenning. It looks like the US is in a right mess politically.At least that's what it looks like from this side of the pond.