Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Table saw dust extraction

On 18/04/2021 11:55, wrote:
On 18/04/2021 09:56, wasbit wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message

My EB band-saw is similar - 100mm port on the back of the bottom
case. In reality it works to some extent - it seems to stop any dust
getting recirculated round and dropped out of the top housing, and
there is a grid of holes around the table inset that allows some dust
to get sucked away. However its far from perfect. A cowl around the
underside could work well.

I've converted my small bandsaw to the Steve Maskery method which
works extremely well with a HPLV system. Post #5.
-
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads...icient.126232/

In the process of converting a larger bandsaw to the same system as
it's much easier to connect up to the shopvac rather than the 4" HVLP
hose.

An excellent (and entertaining) link. Thanks!

Yup good link. At least with a bandsaw, the table tilts and not the
blade, that makes getting dust collection close to the blade easy.

(although some kind of bellows based cowl that attaches to the underside
of the table could also work to suck dust from the annulus in the table
around the blade).

--
Cheers,

John.