Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default G9 LED

Its all in the frequency of the lumens I'd suggest, you remember cfls? They
were often accused of being dim and making rooms look spotty, this was the
bands used to radiate the light not being chosen well for the human eye. I'd
expect similar issues with leds. Maybe you like the particular effect of
the halogen, which to me always seemed to be kind of greeninsh yellow.
Mind you I was losing my sight at the time of course.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..
We have a central ceiling light fitting with 5 x G9 lampholders.

I have had 40watt halogen G9s in but want to change to LED.

The first set (5watt)I got didn't like the dimmer so I bought a Trailing
Edge Dimmer. I decided they were not bright enough so I bought some more
that claim to have higher lumens. Now wife is saying the room looks dull.

Are Lumens to be believed? About to swop the 8 watt ones for a third set.

Any suggestions?

The Halogens claimed to be 460 Lumens.

The 8 watt LEDs claim 550 Lumens.

I am considering some that claim to be 720 lumens. Is it to be believed?

Any suggestions?