Posted to alt.home.repair
Knowledgeofwarranties Knowledgeofwarranties is offline

Default Would you buy a Ryobi Pressure Washer from Home Depot

You cant go wrong with Honda. Ryobi on the other hand, I seen a ton of the electric tools come in to a shop I worked at for almost 4yrs. Some were a week old and HD directed them to us to do the €śwarranty work€ť. Which if you bought to use in the Spring or Summer as most people do, then expect anywhere from 6, 8 or even 12 weeks before your equipment is even LOOKED at! Unless its a battery operated machine and in that case if its the battery, the charger or the machine itself, expect anywhere from 4-12weeks as all parts come over on a boat from China. (This time frame was pre Corona virus). Some HD will take them back even if your outside the dates of return if you throw a big enough fit! They ultimately want to make the customer happy. But if your talking about a push or riding mower, I wouldnt purchase from anyone else! You can use the mower all season & take it to be returned for any given reason...(even if it doesnt have a problem at all) & they will refund your money, call the shop I worked for to have us looked it over & do a complete tune up to be returned to the store to be sold again as a refurbished or open box item at a huge discount! Ive even heard of the same customer repurchasing the SAME item for hundreds less! Same goes for their competitor Lowes. I cant begin to tell you how many €śreturns€ť we received from HD that would state the problem but once looked over by a certified technician, there were no issues found! Maybe a dull blade from a summer of cutting multiple acres. So as for a €śrental€ť, Id say thats a pretty good deal! Put $900 down at the beginning of spring & return it within the 90 days for q full return! Frequent the store offen over the next 3-4 weeks & youll find your same rider for $550 as a floor model and comes with the full warranty in tact! When purchasing a refurbished or open box, be sure to ask to start it & hear it run & check for smoke. There are some that will say €śas is€ť but if you get the model number & serial number & go to the manufacturers site, most of the time youll find it was never registered & your able to register your new machine & enjoy the full warranty! Good luck everyone!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ot-656114-.htm