Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default OT Wrist thermometer detection

ARW wrote:
A a few places I work at you get your temperature checked by offering
your wrist up to a machine.

The machine then says in a loud voice "safe"

It's a boring voice.

Any suggestions for changing "safe" to a famous voice and maybe words
other than just "safe".

Is the machine programmable ?

"Safe" doesn't take a lot of bytes of storage, so I
can see the attraction of that word. They probably selected
words that would minimize the ROM storage needed.
The fact they chose that word, tells me the machine
is not programmable, but you'll know more about this
than I would.

I want to know what the machine says, when you have a fever.
Try placing a heated steel rod in the machine, instead
of your wrist... "Holy ****" said the machine.

Paul