Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gfretwell@esteroriverheights.com is offline

Default Better rates than a CD ?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 20:34:16 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 07:11:41 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

Is there any relatively safe investment that makes a better rate than a CD?

I am getting .4 %.

I don't think that is even better than the inflation rate.

Thanks.

Buy a dividend paying stock. XOM is returning an 8.4% yield with a
pretty good up side potential on the price. People are not going to
stop buying oil any time soon.

Have you actually read their (Exxon Mobile) annual report? Have you followed the
production curves on EIA?
https://www.eia.gov/

I just cash the dividend checks and watch the price go up. When it
starts going the other way I will think about dumping it.
I wouldn't have it as the only egg in my basket but it is not a bad
oil play so far.
In the mean time, throw the OP a bone on another stock with a decent
yield.