Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Spam blocking

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 11:34:06 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 4/15/21 4:41 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 12:27:24 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 4/13/21 7:39 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

[snip]

Use a number from a non-local Area Code, then ignore all calls from that
Area Code. That has been extremely effective for me.

I get a few junk calls from my area code and a lot of calls from other
areas. This wouldn't be a very good solution.

Looking at the CID name is still a much better solution.

Sorry, but that's no solution at all. They can, and do, put whatever they
want into the CID field.

Usually, they don't seem to care. I don't remember ever getting a junk
call that had the name of a person or business I wanted to hear from.

So, looking at the CID name is STILL mostly effective. Not 100%, but
more like 97%. Using a non-local area code would be much less effective
(considering junk calls I actually get).

Your experience is very different from mine. What works for you wouldn't
work for me.