Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Better rates than a CD ?

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 9:11:45 AM UTC-5, AK wrote:
Is there any relatively safe investment that makes a better rate than a CD?

I am getting .4 %.

I don't think that is even better than the inflation rate.

Thanks.

I checked the inflation rate a few days ago. One source put it at 1.6%. It's been years
since I had money in the old government bond. EE?
You might want to look at balanced index funds. I've had some of my money in one of Vanguard's but
that particular one is closed to new investors. It has 60% of the money in stocks, 40% in bonds.
An article here about others.
https://investedwallet.com/best-vanguard-index-funds/
Consumer Reports years ago claimed it's better to get an index fund that just tracks a group of
stocks and/or bonds. Doing that cuts out the hot shot stock picker who might make a fortune one
year then go tits up the next.