Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default ?B?UmU6IEhvdyAmJCVewqMqJiEgaGFyZCBjYW4gaXQgYmUgdG 8gc2VjdXJl?=?Q?ly_destroy_a_hard_disc=3f=3f=3f=3f?=

On 15/04/2021 20:02, SH wrote:
Whenever I wish to sell on of a hard disc, I *always* do a secure
overwrite using a variety of software tools, such as DBAN (Darik's Boot
'n' Nuke)and it gets securely erased to DoD standards..... before it
leaves my hands..... So my personal and financial data does not get
exploited by ne-er do wells....

You need a chemical, brick acid? vinegar? to drown the drives in. That
will be quick. (Suggestions for something safe, I could bottle and sell?)

In the US, when they were doing 'cash for clunkers', the engine oil
would be replaced with a sodium silicate solution to put the block
beyond use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_Al...ppage_criteria

--
Adrian C