Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How come he has no familly?

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 15 Apr 2021 12:21:24 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 14 Apr 2021 20:28:21 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 20:21:29 -0400, micky
wrote:

I found a big spider, 2 full inches long with bent furry legs, 4mm wide,
splayed evenly at roughly 45^ angles. All dark grey.

How can there be only one of them? I had never seen another spider
anything remotely like it in the house and it's been 2 weeks and I
haven't seen another one yet. (This one had an accident and he's dead.
A UPS fell on him.)

Have your heirs brought you any gifts lately ?
... tropical plants or fruit .. ?

No, nothing new. No one gives me gifts either. ;-(

I looked at a bunch of pictures to see if I could find what it was.

Nothing matched.

Likely one of these.
https://www.google.com/search?q=huntsman+spider

I don't think so. I saw pictures of it before but the legs were wider
and furrier.

I can't post a picture because the UPS made it all blurry.
(I was picking it up anynow, a little UPS, when I saw the
spider near the corner of the room.

You bugger. They are completely harmless.
Some kids had one as pets when I was a kid.

A neighbor told me the one I had was known to kill dogs, cats, and deer,
and eat them. Well, I think he said that.