Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Astonishing Dyson puff piece on the BBC

In article ,
Robin wrote:
Dyson's case against the EU was that it purported to tell consumers how
energy efficient and effective at cleaning a cleaner was in use when it
measured them only when clean and empty. Read the link I posted or the
press release from the final EU court

https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/jcms/p1_1430408/fr/

Bear in mind that big EU manufacturers are very much inside the tent
when the policy and technical details of such measures are prepared.
All of course with only the best interests of EU consumers in mind.

If you set a limit on power consumption, decent makers will produce a
machine that sucks (works) OK. Others won't. Why would you buy one which
didn't work?

You are swerving to absolute power consumption when Dyson's case was
about efficiency.

And if consumers will just buy ones which work once a maximum power is
set why do they need the maximum power limit?

I don't understand what market failure you think needs fixing.

PS
Does your support for absolute limits on the power consumption of
consumer goods extend to cars? If not, why not?

--
Robin