Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Electric vehicle manufacturing produces about 23% more emissions than the production of a gas-powered car.

On 14 Apr 2021 15:06:14 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:04:10 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

snip

OOI does that include the CO2 produced when the electricity used to
re-charge the batteries is generated ?

Finding 'gross impact' seems to be tricky. Very rarely see non-fuel
particulates discussed too.

As an aside to that, what happened to hydrogen / fuel-cell cars?

Now we have all this spare electricity (to charge EV's g) why
couldn't we use it to electrolyse seawater instead?

Cost (and ruinously inefficient compared to just charging a battery).

I guess that's not also factoring the cost of the damage / pollution
done mining the lithium (and as long as it lasts) versus a good supply
of fully renewable seawater?

Doesn’t mean to say that it won’t have a place, but economics will
determine that it’ll be used only where battery charging isn’t a practical
option.

So no other factors ever come into these decisions?

Cheers, T i m