Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bitrex bitrex is offline

Default Where to get wide flat ribbon cables

On 4/14/2021 9:47 AM, Peter W. wrote:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...4a132477ovxS15

Those are "automotive" ribbon cables. Anyone here remember Peugeot? Infamous for using these beasts for everything. They are not compatible with road salt, as they found out.

Linked is a possible source.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Thanks, I didn't know the proper name for the type.

I could probably retrofit to take a 14 pin IDC-type cable but the female
headers for the ribbon cable both come out of their respective boards at
right angles soldered in to plated-thru holes, so it seems like an
annoying mod to do unless anyone's got a better idea for that than
yanking those out and fitting daughterboards with male pins in their place.