Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spam blocking

On 4/13/21 3:03 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

Hi all, I have reached the capabilities of my Panasonic cordless phones for
blocking spam. (250). I have Verizon landline (not FIOS) so Nomorobo will not
work. Questions follow:

Buy new cordless phones with greater capacity?

If so recommend a brand: Panasonic - V-tech - ?

Buy a separate call blocker? e.g. CPR V5000

If so recommend a brand:

Other comments:

Mine filled up and I had to erase it and start over (although I could
add a few recent numbers from CID memory). It would have been nice if it
automatically deleted least-recently-used entries rather than failing.

They use so many different numbers now that blocking by number isn't
very useful. Since most of these junk calls are identified by "city st"
(for example "OGDEN UT" or "SPRING TX") as the caller ID NAME, so a lot
could be blocked by using pattern matching on NAME. Patterns like "*
UT". However, I have never seen any device that would do that (it would
be very useful).

I finally settled for a whitelist device which will intercept calls if
the caller's number isn't on a list you enter.

https://www.amazon.com/Tel-Sentry-Automatic-Blocking-Election-without/dp/B00U1PPWDO/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=sentry+2.0&qid=161841 9389&s=electronics&sr=1-4
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The beating of humanity's heart cannot be felt by placing the finger on
the church's pulse." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading
And Other Essays_]