Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx amdx is offline

Default I'm looking for the little buttons that you install

On 4/13/2021 10:42 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
An alternative to these (if you really do insist on an incandescent
bulb) is to buy a bulb made for limited-service locations (e.g. outdoor
fixtures) which has a "130-volt" filament rating. When run on the
lower voltages that are normal, the filament runs "cool" and lasts
a lot longer than a standard bulb. You still have to accept the reduced
efficiency (lower light output per watt).

I never did understand the 130 volt rated bulbs. I don't know of any
130 volt services in the US.

Â*It's like running a 120V bulb on 110 volts, it has an extended life.