Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What material are the gas burners on the hob made of?

I'd not expect it to be ally, more like stainless steel or chromed ferrous
metal, try a magnet on them to see if its an alloy or not.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 13/04/2021 23:00, AnthonyL wrote:
As per subject, what material are the gas burners on the hob made of?

SWMBO has burnt something onto one and wants me to clean it off. I'd
usually start with a soak in Soda Crystals but that's a no-no for
aluminium. It feels light and is non-magnetic.

Our gas hob (now replaced with an easy to wipe clean induction hob, as my
wife is disabled and has very weak wrists and finger joints) had "chromed"
aluminium burners and enamelled cast-iron caps. We didn't bother about
maintaining the finish and just shoved them in the dishwasher - but it
does strip the chroming.