Posted to alt.home.repair
Heywood[_3_] Heywood[_3_] is offline

Default Should i flip this car

On 4/14/2021 10:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/14/2021 12:32 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 21:10:17 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/13/2021 8:00 PM, Thomas wrote:
2011 muranoÂ* 110,000
Mint in and out.
Needs tranny
1000 bucks
Daughter car not that that matters
New tires but need a 30 mile tow

Worth scrap price as is.Â* Check for a used tranny and it should give you
a payback.Â* As is, you may find someone willing to take on the project
and give you a few hundred.

Your biased opinion aside,there is no such thing as a mint car with
110,000 miles.

Â* I will respectfully dissagree. I've seenÂ* cars in mint condition with
250,000 KM - you could put them on the showroom floor andÂ* be hard
pressed to tell it from a car that had never been sold - and not
burning ANY oil between changes - with perfect compression and oil
pressure. What high standard do you have for "mint" condition?

Does it have to excede Hagerty's #2 condition??? (Excellent not
concours)Â* Most cars over the last 40 years aren't "concours" from the
factory or show-room floor.
With a tranny working you can get 5-7 thou depending on model and
options.Â* Check out the price to have it rebuilt.

I bet I could go over his car and find a couple of dozen points. Totally
restored may qualify but the typical every day car in far from mint.Â* My
brother restored cars for many years so I've seen various conditions.
The typical Joe Sixpack often descibes their car as "mint" but it is not.

Read the used car adds and you will see a lot of MINT cars for sale.
Seems a lot of sellers think that means only scratches, no big dents and
tires still have visible tread.

Not just cars, the term has been used sloppily on many items.