eoasapgm

Default couple buying house and credit scores- me too!

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:25:40 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article m, "JD" wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:35:38 -0700, "Ignacio Machin"
wrote:

Hi,

Me and my wife we are planning buying a house, the think is that my

credit
score is much better than hers, how do a lender see us in this case? do

they
sum and divide by 2 our scores?

There could be as many as three separate scores: you alone, her alone, and the
two of you together, depending on the type of credit accounts you have had in
the past. How this will be treated probably varies from lender to lender.

If her credit is poor, and your income alone is enough to qualify for the
mortgage, you should consider applying for the loan in only your name. Make
sure to get *both* names on the title for the house.

Just be happy that they don't care if you can read or write.

Geez, cut the guy a bit of slack. Look at his name. English probably isn't his
first language, but he managed to make his meaning perfectly clear -- and all
you can do is criticize his language skills, not even make an attempt to
answer his question.

Thanks for the info Doug, and i agree with you that Ignacio did a
decent enough job getting his question across to the group. It sucks
that some people have to be so rude.