Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Lawnmower rope easy to pull

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 12:02:55 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 4/13/21 8:53 AM, wrote:

[snip]

I would just find something with a Honda motor and it might outlive
your willingness to cut your own grass. 10-15 years is not unusual
tho.

I've had my current mower (Honda motor) for 12 years now. Some people
claim they never last longer than 2-3 years. Maybe those don't ever
change the oil.

I have a 1957 LawnKing with a Lauson engine that has not been apart
and still runs. I also have a '61 mower that I replaced the original
engine on about 6 or 7 yeares ago when the original high-hour Briggs
and Stratton seized a rod when I neglected to keep up with it's
appetite for engine oil. Also a real nice 1947 Iron Horse - all
original - but no idea how many hours of what kinf of use.