Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT The pubs are open

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 13/04/2021 22:33, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 13/04/2021 17:45, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 13/04/2021 17:03, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

And judging by the reports in the media, probably a huge surge in
infections as well, despite the pubs and shops best efforts.

Its like the January sales.

Maybe lots of infections but few hospitalisations.

That assumes most are vaccinated but that isnt true yet.

But the ones who are vulnerable and most likely to die have.

Thats not true, it still isnt clear who many
of the vulnerable and most likely to die are.

My main concern would be the increased likelihood of mutations
from the increased number of infections.

The mutations come from those with severely compromised
immune systems that take a long time to recover from the
virus or die from it now that treatment is so much better.

That is a thought but I doubt you'll find a cite saying it is
directly caused by a severely compromised immune systems.

Fraid so.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...mmune-systems/

Gives an account the patient showed that the virus evolved rapidly
after being given convalescent plasma.

Thats not something that common at all so isnt
likely to have been the cause of most variants.

This article:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...g-the-pandemic

Highlights it is the number and duration of infection that increase
likelihood of mutation;
"With almost every person it infects, the virus changes very
subtly €“

Thats mindless bull****. There arent that many variants.

That's show your lack of knowledge.

Bull****.

Most mutations will fail in one way or another.

Yes, but if they fail quickly, there would be no way to know that
stupid claim.

The most successful mutation is one that doesn't kill the host and
lives indefinitely in the body.

We havent seen any like that with this virus.

There are coronaviruses that are mere colds. So no reason to create a
vaccine against them and they are free to propagate without lockdowns or
anything sinister.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...19-cases-68146

Irrelevant to what we are discussing there.

picking up a letter in its genetic code here, another being deleted
there

Both very rarely happens.

or swapped for something different."

Thats what normally happens.

Just more **** from some arts graduate like that other
steaming turd you waved around from the New Scientist.

Don't you like being shown you're wrong?

You're projecting now given that you never had the balls
to admit that that New Scientist steaming turd you waved
around proved you wrong.

Hardly a turd, it was an example of a mutation that occurred indirectly
through a compromised immune system.

The steaming turd was the New Scientist article
about how the qwerty keyboard came about.

I don't see how one example changes the validity of my post.

That **** you posted does.

We have a choice, accept an article in the New Scientist or a senile
phool in Australia posting to a UK newsgroup. Tough one isn't it?

The problem is with the content of that steaming
turd NS quote, not who wrote it, you pathetic
excuse for a bull**** artist.

Oh dear, you haven't suffered another lost argument

You wouldnt know a lost argument if one bit you on
your lard arse you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

Same with the virus in Sweden.

That's right, you didn't understand the meaning of 'rate'.

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

Another sign of a lost argument, you're not doing very well these days.