Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Spam blocking

On 4/13/2021 5:44 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 16:32:22 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 4/13/2021 4:03 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

Hi all, I have reached the capabilities of my Panasonic cordless phones for
blocking spam. (250). I have Verizon landline (not FIOS) so Nomorobo will not
work. Questions follow:

Buy new cordless phones with greater capacity?

If so recommend a brand: Panasonic - V-tech - ?

Buy a separate call blocker? e.g. CPR V5000

If so recommend a brand:

Other comments:

Start over. Chances are most of the numbers you blocked were forged
anyway and are not being used any more. I got three calls today that
were spoofed. In once case, it is a number I may need in the future.

Block all you want but the callers have many tools and use millions of
numbers.

I have done that, at least five times. Most of the spoofed numbers appear
local. Until the gov't forces the network providers to block them we are SOL.

The only reason I am interested is the wife asks who called? Endlessly.

My wife had blocked one of my consulting clients a while back. It is
useless to block as numbers are forged.

Our current Comcast VoIP now puts a "V" in front of a caller's name to
say call is verified as coming from that number.

I had a Verizon landline that I gave up a few years ago. While it was
on fiber they charged old landline prices charging extra for long
distance and things like caller ID and call block.