Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lawnmower rope easy to pull

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Actually it is a lot of skin off their nose. They lose a day, maybe
two and these guys are usually booked all day, up to 10 hours, 6 days
a week. If you start missing days, you lose customers. They still have
to pay their guys so it is money out of their pocket. That is why they
pay $8000-10,000 for a real mower.

I would say it is more like 10 to 20 thousand for the 'real mower'. I
just bought a JD x590 for about $ 8000 on sale and I would still
classify it as a home owner mower. Even the next one up the x700 series
starting around $ 10,000 looked to me to be a home owner mower with the
possiable use to work a small ( say an acre or so) garden.

With the turn around time of a week to several weeks to get the mowers
repaired, the lawn services need a mower they can depend on and have it
serviced in the off seson months.

Or don't spend as much and have the replacement ready for when its needed.