Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bilou[_2_] bilou[_2_] is offline

Default I'm looking for the little buttons that you install

On 13/04/2021 20:55, John Robertson wrote:

Here is a story from 1981 about these buttons - Bulb Miser and Light-Saver:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-0072dc20f578/

Perhaps that will help your quest! At least you now have the names...

John :-#)#

Thanks for the link
In France I have never heard of such devices.
May be because at that time most lamps sockets were bayonet type.
I tried the diode in a switch but 220v smaller filaments and 50Hz
lower frequency produced an annoying blinking.
I saw the diode used in drills and heating devices.