Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default I'm looking for the little buttons that you install

On 2021/04/13 7:04 a.m., amdx wrote:
I'm looking for the little buttons that you install in a lamp socket to

dim the bulb.

It is a flat device with an internal diode.Â* It fits inside the socket
and makes contact with the bulb and the socket electrode.

I have searched and can not find them.

Anyone have a good search term I can try.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Here is a story from 1981 about these buttons - Bulb Miser and Light-Saver:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-0072dc20f578/

Perhaps that will help your quest! At least you now have the names...

John :-#)#