Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Building cabinets - how to square them

On 13/04/2021 18:01, wrote:

- unfortunately I don't have a sash clamp but do have some G clamps and some quick release clamps like these (https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/clamps/8793016). Also have a load of off-cut timber/ boards etc. Was hoping to rig something up to save me buying the sash clamp just for this project - any ideas?

Make some. A length of wood longer than the side of your cabinet and
two wedges.
https://youtu.be/iGVz38gQsWA?t=263

The wedges have to be reasonably long so that the wedge angle is
relatively shallow. Try fitting dry before committing yourself to glue
or screws.

As others have said the easiest way to check a 4 sided box is square is
to measure the diagonals. Even when clamped up