Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Lawnmower rope easy to pull

On 4/13/2021 11:17 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 4/12/21 11:06 AM, TimR wrote:
While mowing the yard yesterday the lawnmower made a clanging noise
and quit.

Pulling the starter cord seems too easy now and I hear it spin longer
than it should.Â* And no, it doesn't start.

Should I give up on IC engines and buy an electric?Â* I've certainly
had my struggles with gas engines the past couple of years.

It's good to see that even after 30-35 posts, no one has made the
foolish comment about how an electric mower is better for the
environment than those nasty gasoline engines.

Where do those virtue-signaling Tesla and other electric car drivers
think all that extra electricity comes from to constantly recharge their
feel-good-mobile? The Energizer Bunny Fairy? Maybe from all those new
high capacity clean nuclear generating plants we've built?

Speaking of which, after reading your post, I went to Facebook and this
popped up:

https://www.consumerreports.org/tool...Bo7ijc1fCXTNHA

I had opined in thread that I did not like small gas engines in part
because intermittent use and seasonal trouble like not starting when
first needed. Also there are things like having to put your clothes in
the hamper and taking a shower after getting all stunk up from something
like a gas powered leaf blower.

OTOH, I would never fall for that electric car crap.