Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Why can't I return this?

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 7:33:29 AM UTC-4, kelown wrote:
If she bought something by mistake, she should have told the checkout
person who was standing right there and who would have cancelled the
sale and taken the food back. Pork chops are going to be in a plastic
sealed tray, right?

It's not uncommon for a cashier to send a customer to the manager once
the sale has been finalized. It keeps the line from being slowed down,
and it adds a bit of extra work for someone who wants to return an item.
Okay, once, something
happened and I had to start all over, and they did make me go to the
return/customer service counter to do it.

That's what they do at the main supermarket I go to. Once you're rung up,
you're done and if there is a price problem, etc you have to go to customer
service. I'd be surprised if Costco cashiers would do it either.